The month in review section in my blog will be a new addition for 2021. I want to review the previous month by listing webinars, conferences, books that I started reading, and social activities that I attended. Last month was a busy one even though it was holiday time for so many people.
Books that I started reading
- Eloquent Rage: A Black Feminist Discovers Her Superpower by Brittney Cooper
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- Negative Self-Talk and How to Change It by Shad Helmstetter
Articles that I read
- “Dismantling Deficit Thinking: A Strengths-based Inquiry Into The Experiences Of Transfer Students In And Out Of Academic Libraries” by Chelsea Heinbach, Brittany Paloma Fiedler, Rosan Mitola, and Emily Pattni
- “Tips for the First-Year Health Sciences Librarian” by Alexandria Brackett
Last month, I finally started listening to Tressie McMillan Cottom and Roxane Gay’s podcast, Hear to Slay. I subscribed and I am committed to catching up on all of the past episodes.
I am so glad to share with you my activities from last month. So glad to let everyone know that I read all of the books that I started last month. I can’t wait to add them to my must-read list and to write my thoughts about each of the books. Currently, I am reading Heavy: An American Memoir by Kiese Laymon and Medical Apartheid by Henrietta A. Washington. Please share with me what you are up to.